American Bright has reached a major milestone this year and is celebrating 20 years as a leader in solid-state lighting.
Chino, California February 17th, 2015 – American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. today announced the celebration of their twentieth year serving the global electronics and lighting industries. American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. serves a global customer base of over 1000 manufacturers, in industries ranging from automotive and computer technology to advanced Aerospace and general lighting.
Founded in 1995 in Brea, California to support the LED indicator and LED display industries by LED Industry pioneer George Lee, American Bright and its parent company Bright LED group have grown to employ over 3,000 people worldwide. Having production facilities comprised of nearly a half-million square feet in Dongguan and sales, management and technical support facilities in Southern California, the company has grown and scaled to meet not only the technical needs of their diverse customer base, but also the customer service, warehousing and applications support required by todays sophisticated manufacturers.
Recognized as a global leader, as early as 1999, American Bright’s Asian facilities have been awarded certification from ISO to meet all the leading edge standards including QS9000, TS16949 and the environmental standard ISO:14001 which assures that the company is a good global citizen and responsibly tends to the needs the environment by minimizing their footprint and environmental impact in all their production facilities.
“When we started out in 1995, there was no way to imagine how the industry would grow and develop over the next 20 years,” George Lee, President of American Bright Optoelectronics Corp., noted. “Staying ahead of the technological advancements and driving innovation has been the cornerstone of American Bright’s success,” Lee added.
When asked what innovations he was most proud off, Lee replied, “The advancements we have made in direct AC technology are revolutionizing the lighting fixture industry. We have been awarded over 10 patents in countries all over the globe. [Australia, China, Korea, Taiwan and the United States of America] Seeing how fast and easy LED adoption can be for established lighting companies is very rewarding,” he concluded.
Below is a timeline of American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. corporate history:
- 2015 Introducing AC Linear and AC module S series for general lighting applications
- 2014 Completed 6000 hours LM84 lifetime test for AC module C series
- 2013 AC module C series was certified as UL recognized component; Introduced 230V modules for European market
- 2012 Introduced AC LED module with patented SimpleDrive® technology for direct 120VAC connection
- 2010 Partnered with leading manufactures in aerospace and aviation industry
- 2009 Partner with leading manufactures in home and office appliance industry
- 2008 Introduced Argus™ AC and DC LED modules in COB package;
- 2007 Expanded engineering service group to include thermal management, optical integration and driver design
- 2006 Awarded ISO/TS 16949 quality management system certification
- 2005 All products are RoHS ready; Expanded engineering service to include custom assembly services
- 2004 Awarded ISO 14001 environmental management system certification
- 2003 Company employed over 3,000 people worldwide
- 2002 Relocated to Chino, CA with significantly increased office and warehouse areas
- 2000 New Dongguan factory with 450,000 square-foot started production
- 1999 Obtained quality system requirement certifications ISO 9001 and QS9000
- 1998 Introduced LED products including SMT and PLCC
- 1997 Factory was ISO 9002 certified
- 1996 Introduced super blue LEDs
- 1995 Company established in Brea, CA and supplying LED indicator lamp and LED display
Please contact the American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. for further information toll free at 1-888-533-0800. Or visit American Bright online at www.americanbrightled.com.